Quince Sweet: Presentation
Quince candy is one of the simplest recipes I know, but like everything else, you have to be attentive so that the result is a success. I remember the old quince we had in the house garden, which we only remembered when it came to picking its fruit. It gave small, small and many of them took advantage of because the bugs go crazy like a tree that is never smoked. That quince is no longer there but we have a couple of saplings of the same variety that continue to bear fruit. So this year I have decided to prepare my quince.
If it is my first quince, you will ask what recipe I have prepared. The recipe has been given to me by my sister, Elena, always ready to get me out of any hurry. She also enjoys cooking and makes it much better than me. I’ll just tell you that your house is the best restaurant I know. A little kiss, little sister, if you read me. I hope one day I can persuade her to write me some of her recipes. The fact is that the quince she prepares is simply perfect. Yes, very firm, clean cut and with its sugar point that does not impale.
So let’s get the recipe already. I hope you like it.
- For 1,300 kg of quince jam
- 1 kg of peeled and clean quince
- 750 g of sugar
- 1 glass of water
Quince candy: recipe preparation
- For the quinces and clean them well. While you peel them, you can leave them in a bowl submerged in water. Cut into portions.
- Place the quince, sugar and a glass of water in a pan. Bring to the heat and, when it starts to boil, moderate the temperature so that it boils slowly. Sugar burns very easily and should be simmered. Stir with a spoon from time to time to see the texture. This cooking process will take at least one hour. It’s the time that has cost me.
- When you see that it already has a thick and shiny texture, remove it from the fire and grind it with the mixer.
- Pour the mebrillo in a fountain or lunch boxes with lid to be able to store it. If you place it in plastic lunch boxes, you should wait for it to cool because the freshly made quince candy reaches high temperatures in the fire because of the sugar it carries.
- In my case I waited to demold it the next day, so I cannot tell you how many hours it takes to be able to cut it. I left it in the refrigerator covered with a transparent film. To cut it, it is very simple as it takes off very easily from the mold. I have taken off the edge with a knife and, with a few cuts, I have demolded it.
- Then I wrap each portion in transparent film and store it in a cool place and away from the heat. You can store it in the fridge if you want, but sugar acts as a natural preservative.
You May Also like this Blog.